For me, card making is a hobby I do for personal enjoyment. As I continue crafting, I'm learning more techniques and am able to come up with different designs on my own. Don't get me wrong, I've cased my share of cards all with the same end result…a card for that special some one's birthday, anniversary, boss's day or just because.
During the holiday season, I find myself using more of the traditional theme colors (gold, red, green). For this card, I kept away from the traditional and went for a bolder color and design. I combined embossing, stamping, punch and distressed ink. There are a few layers on this card, including the cute butterfly embellishment.
A few things to note about this card:
- A2 size card (4.25" x 5.5")
- Bottom two layers (closest to the base of the card), I go in .25"
- Polka dot paper is a design creation where I used white card stock, a polka dot stamp with clear emboss, followed by a distressed ink to fill the background
- Paris theme/wording and small polka dot embossing folders
- Circle die cut
- Script wording stamp in circle frame
- Butterfly punch with raised embossed, followed with distressed ink
- Black butterfly for shadow effect
- Inspiration from Studio Designers
Get a closer look at the card and enjoy. Wishing you a little Monday Motivation for Happy Card making!!!
#card #crafts #picoftheday #papercraft #creative
Thanks for reading!
Follow me: @DanielleASB