As a Wife, a Mom, a Blogger, and Entrepreneur, there are a few milestones I'd like to meet in 2016. Like many of you, I have plans that I'm organizing and firming up for later in the year, while others are ready to start on January 1st. Here are Ten Things I'm Doing in 2016:
- Time for me - in 2015, I really began to learn how to breathe. There were a few times where I took cues from that inner voice. It enabled me to hear truth...it allowed me to pause...and reminded me that I matter. I'm definitely taking this into 2016.
- Delegate - this may come in the form of a VA? I am one of those people that find it difficult to give up control. But, if I want to elevate, I have to ask [and receive] help.
- Minimize my distractions - this is applicable as both a Wife and Mom. Here, I'm going to continue to be present when I'm with the hubby. How? For me, and probably for a lot of us, this means turning off my phone. Ok, well at a minimum turn it on silent mode or do not disturb while we're on a date, etc.
- Love Notes - that moment when my daughter asked me why I no longer left notes in her lunch bag, it nearly broke my heart. I didn't realize how much she really enjoyed them. This is also a top priority for me in 2016.
Blogger | Entrepreneur
- Eat the frog - for those of you that are familiar with this concept (quote by Mark Twain), you know it means that procrastination is taking a backseat in 2016. Those tasks that I've put off for so long, whether it was due to fear or insecurity, I'm just doing it. As a blogger, my most important priority is the next bullet below.
- Migrate my blog to a different platform - while I like my design of my blog, with self-hosting, I want to move off of Blogger. Most of the design and changes on the blog have been made by myself alone. However, I'm dedicating funds to consult with a web designer to help me with the transition.
- Enhance my photographs - I've been more conscious of taking better pictures for quite some time. If I must say so myself, I can see an improvement. The hubby bought me a Soft Light Box for my table top pictures...and I love it! Here is a photo I took using my new toy:
- Resurgence of SWAV post content. I already have someone for the 1st quarter of 2016.
- Increase the use of my Facebook page as part of my social media strategy. A lot of you have taught me that there is value in the Facebook page as it has the potential to drive more traffic to your blog.
- Giveaways - I am looking forward to the first giveaway targeted in the 1st quarter of 2016.
How about you, what are your plans for 2016?
Thanks for reading!
Follow me: @DanielleASB