For our family, over the past couple of years, we've included a special dish. This year is no different. The kid and I spent some quality time in our kitchen to make this sweet, yet tart dish for our family. It's a no bake Strawberry Chocolate Tart.
While we made a few rookie mistakes, the visual of the dish is pretty inviting. The taste, not so much as we didn't add enough sugar...LOL! It was pretty funny to us both, but nevertheless, we had a great time making it! Check out our recipe below and give it a try.
- 15-20 Oreos
- 1/2 c melted butter
- 7 oz heavy cream
- 10 oz chocolate (*we mistakenly used cocoa, if you use, you must add 1.5c of sugar)
- Line a round 9-inch cake pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Crush the Oreos (we used a food processor).
- Pour in melted butter and mix until it reaches a fine crumb consistency.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Put in the refrigerator.
- Put chocolate in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream over medium heat until simmering.
- Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate and let sit it for 1 minute, then stir until all of the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the prepared Oreo crust.
- Lightly press the strawberry halves into the top of the tart.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Note: recipe was a slightly modified version from Tip Hero
Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day!
Thanks for reading!